Friday, July 19, 2013

Thoughts on Becoming a Mom

I am getting so excited for the arrival of little Ole Dean. I cannot stand it. Every day it gets harder and harder to wait. It's like being a little kid and waiting for Christmas morning, except the excitement lasts week after week after week. I can't wait to see what he looks like. What his personality is like. I can't wait to see him smile. And play. I can't wait to be a mom, his mom. I can't wait to change his diapers and nurse him and cuddle him and play with him. I can't wait to see Joe as a Dad. I am even excited to go in to labor and see what that's all about and earn my empowerment as a woman.
I love getting ready for him. I love checking things off when we get them. All of the big stuff is ready for him. Crib, swings, car seats, breast pump we just need a couple more bottles. 
I am trying to enjoy my time as just being a woman, not a mom. And just enjoying having Joe all to myself. I am having a really hard time just being and not constantly thinking about or talking about our little Olz.
His due date is in less then 2 months, but I think he'll come a bit early. I really need to start relaxing, sleeping in and enjoying my last summer as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment